During the course of 2016 the Trustees made donations to the following organisations:
- The Traverse Theatre for the second year running in support of their Class Act project which provides opportunities for children between the ages of 15 and 18 years to engage in structured workshops and creative script writing.
- Napier University Development Trust to support a PhD internship within the University’s Centre for Literature and Writing.
- Creative Carbon Scotland towards the costs of its 2016 Arts and Sustainability Residency at Cove Park: Thinking through the Anthropocene.
- The Neil Gunn Trust’s Writing Competition for 2016/17.
- The Citizens Theatre Divided City project in West Dunbartonshire schools aimed at addressing themes of sectarianism in pupils’ home lives and friendships.
- Scottish Review of Books in support of the costs of a Pilot Training Course for Emerging Literary Critics.
- Edinburgh International Book Festival for its Scottish Reading Workshops.
The cumulative total grants given out by the Trust since it started in 2013 to the end of 2016 has amounted to over £63,000. The Trustees are already engaged with and look forward to supporting a variety of new and interesting projects in 2017.