The Trust supports organisations that promote and encourage the study, appreciation and knowledge of Scottish poetry and literature. The range of donations made by the Trust over the years has been extraordinarily diverse and 2019 was no exception. During the year the Trust made the following donations:
- The Borders Book Festival for a Scottish Author Workshop at their June 2019 book festival in Melrose.
- Craigmillar Literacy Trust for continued help towards the costs of their Creating and Learning Together schools project.
- The Traverse Theatre in support of their Young Writers’ project. This is a project for young people aged between 18 and 25 who are at the beginning of their artistic journey offering them professional writing and dramaturgical training from well-known theatre-makers working in Scotland.
- The Queen’s Hall, Edinburgh to fund the costs of the creative writing and spoken word performance aspect of On this, A Winter’s Night, a schools project they organised to celebrate the turn of the year in song, music and light.
- The Royal Lyceum Theatre in Edinburgh in connection with their appointment of a Literary Assistant, a post focusing on the development of new Scottish writing by supporting writers and artists from page to stage.
- The Scottish Poetry Library to cover the cost of installing a new hearing loop for the hard of hearing in the Library’s main events area.