The Trustees meet approximately three times a year to consider grant applications.
There is no specific form that needs to be used by applicants. Requests for support should be made in writing to the undernoted address and should include:
- a clear explanation of your proposals and the intended outcomes that will be obtained in the event of your receiving grant support from the Trust
- appropriate financial Information regarding the proposal (usually an income and expenditure account)
- a copy of your most recent Annual Report and Accounts (or evidence of an established bank account if you are a new group)
- a copy of your Constitution (and OSCR registration details where appropriate)
- confirmation that a statement of the outcomes of the grant aid will be supplied within six months after completion of the project.
Grant aid from the Trust may only be applied in connection with the purposes for which it was awarded.
Any grant monies received from the Trust are expected to be spent within twelve months of the date on which payment was made. Any unused monies after that time are refundable to the Trust at the discretion of the Trustees.
Organisations benefitting from Trust support are expected to acknowledge that support in their Annual Report and in any literature, publicity or site notices relating to projects and activities funded by the Trust.
Applications should be sent with the requested documents to:
David Reith, Trustee
Dr David Summers Charitable Trust
11 Muirfield Apartments